Driver Assessment and Training
The NRS Driver Assessment and Training Program is led by a specialized Occupational Therapist, who has over 15 years driver rehabilitation experience. For over 30 years, NRS has provided a full range of rehabilitation services to individuals with serious injuries.
The NRS Driver Program
- Physical challenges, e.g. Spinal Cord Injury, Amputations and Orthopedic Injuries.
- Cognitive challenges e.g. Brain Injury, Learning Disabilities and Mild Cognitive Impairment.
- Psychological challenges e.g. Driver Anxiety or Phobias.
Our driving team provides:
- Consultation input regarding driver readiness (e.g. whether a driver assessment is indicated or whether the client requires specific therapy/training in pre-driving skills first).
- Driving Assessments, including a comprehensive assessment of physical, cognitive and psychological abilities as they relate to driving.
- Driver Training, focusing on the unique physical, cognitive and psychological needs of each client.
- Specific programming to address driver anxiety or phobia.
- Vehicle modifications.